Cucumber Oil, also known as Cucumber Seed Oil, is extracted solely from the dried seeds of cucumbers. The oil is cold pressed and unrefined, leaving an earthy and slight cucumber aroma, full of antioxidants.
Cucumber Oil is highly moisturizing, yet light in consistency, and when applied to the skin it absorbs quickly without leaving a greasy look or feel. It contains a significant percentage of oleic acid and linoleic acid, therefore making Cucumber Oil an effective anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and fantastic emollient for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
Due to its light texture, Cucumber Oil can be invariably used in facial and body massage oils, skincare, and hair care. It is also popular in products such as creams, lotions, serums, face masks and soap making.
• Cucumber Oil helps in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, due to its powerful antioxidant content.
• Promotes cell regeneration, which aids in silky smooth, clear skin.
• Amazing for dry brittle nails, as its hydrating and nourishing properties easily absorb into the nails and cuticles.
• Along with its cooling properties, cucumber seed oil soothes sun damaged skin and is the ideal oil to include in sun care products.
• Great for hair as a growth booster due to the amount of silica, which encourages hair growth and reduces hair loss.
How to use Cucumber Oil
If you're wondering, how do you use Cucumber Oil, there are endless possibilities! Below we've listed a few of our favourites:
• After Sun Care: Cucumber Oil is an ideal skin hydrator for sunburnt skin due to its cooling & soothing effect, and being highly moisturizing and quickly absorbed. Apply directly to sunburnt skin twice (or more) daily for best results.
• Massage: Use straight, or dilute a few drops of your favourite Essential Oil into 100ml of Cucumber Oil to create a soothing and hydrating massage oil.
• Directly on the Skin: Many benefits of Cucumber Oil can be received by using it directly on the skin - such as an all-over body moisturiser or a healing facial serum.
• Hair Mask: Apply Cucumber Oil directly to your scalp to create a nourishing and growth-boosting hair mask.
• Diluting With Essential Oils: Cucumber Oil makes a great base for diluting essential oils - Try adding 4-6 drops of your favourite Essential Oil to a 15ml roller bottle and top with Cucumber Oil.
• Skincare Formulations: Cucumber Oil makes an excellent addition to D.I.Y formulations such as face & skin serums, body butters, lotions and moisturizers, where a carrier oil is called for.