Rose Essential Oil
AWO's 100% pure Rose Essential Oil, otherwise known as Rose Otto Essential Oil or Damask Rose Essential Oil, is harvested by hand from the 'Valley of Roses' in Bulgaria and is distilled from the flowering tops of the Rosa damascena plant. This incredibly delicate oil carries a sweet, deeply floral and romantic aroma that is timeless. Because of its beautiful essence, along with the many benefits of Rose Essential Oil, it is a highly sought-after oil that is known to be one of the most popular essential oils in the world. In fact, due to its delicate flowers and low oil yield, it takes around 4-5 tonnes of rose petals to produce 1L of pure rose essential oil... that means just one single drop of oil requires approximately 50-80 roses!
Not to mention, various benefits of Rose Essential Oil have been seen to assist in all aspects of life, as seen below:
• In aromatherapy, Rose Essential Oil is highly valued for its sedative, comforting and balancing properties. Because of these properties the benefits of Rose Essential Oil have been seen to help relieve stress and fatigue.
• Other benefits are known to reduce pain and migraines whilst aiding a restful and restorative night’s sleep.
• When it comes to skincare, Rose Oil is known to be one of the best essential oils for skin. This is because it contains powerful antibacterial, hydrating and anti-inflammatory properties that are particularly treasured by those wanting to minimise dry skin and symptoms of aging.
• It has also been said that the benefits of Rose Oil are incredibly effective in clearing acne, reducing the appearance of scars, wrinkles and fine lines, easing redness and inflammation and restoring the skins moisture balance, as well as helping treat other skin complaints such as eczema, psoriasis and rosacea.
Note: Pure Rose Essential Oil may begin to crystallize in cooler temperatures. To return it to its liquid state simply heat it gently by holding the bottle in your palm for a few minutes.
At AWO, our 100% Pure Rose Essential Oil is not diluted in any way therefore, those seeking the benefits of Rose Oil at a more affordable price, we also offer a Rose 3% Dilution. Not to mention, Rose Essential Oil blends well with a variety of essential oils. To create a soothing and relaxing essential oil blend, combine your Rose Oil with Bergamot essential oil, Chamomile Roman, Palmarosa, Sandalwood or Ylang Ylang essential oil. In addition, Rose Essential Oil blends well with Clove Bud, Lemon, Petitgrain and Vetiver essential oils.
Rose Essential Oil
• To experience the aromatic benefits of Rose Essential Oil, add a few drops to your Aromatherapy Diffuser, Car Diffuser or Diffuser Necklace.
• The deeply calming and restorative aroma of Rose Oil makes it the perfect essential oil to have diffusing in any living space or bedroom.
• For those wanting to use Rose Essential Oil topically, simply add a few drops to your preferred carrier oil at a 1 - 2% dilution and apply as a massage oil or skin serum.
• Because Rose Essential Oil is so highly valued when it comes to skincare, it can also be added to any skincare products to boost their existing benefits.
• For facial application, we recommend a 1% dilution.