Like other Rosemary Oils, Organic Rosemary Essential Oil (Spanish) is highly appreciated for its vast range of medicinal and healing properties, and is commonly regarded as one of the most powerful essential oils. It carries your typical Rosemary aroma that is best described as fresh, herbal, slightly sweet and very eucalyptol-like.
But if you’re wondering are all Rosemary oils the same? The answer is no, they’re not! There are different chemotypes (ct.) of Rosemary Oil, meaning the genetic chemical makeup can differ across various types, and therefore have different key benefits. AWO’s Certified Organic Rosemary Essential Oil (Spanish) is the Cineol chemotype, which means it has a high percentage of naturally occurring 1,8-cineol (aka eucalyptol). This constituent is what makes this oil particularly beneficial for respiratory conditions, congestion, haircare, and skincare.
The therapeutic properties of Rosemary Oil (Cineol) are valued for their ability to assist across many aspects of life. Just some of the most common benefits include:
• Its high percentage of 1,8-Cineole makes it a fantastic respiratory aid by opening up the lungs and nasal passages and breaking down excess mucus.
• The high α-pinene content is also helpful in reducing spasmodic coughing, making this oil a powerhouse for easing the symptoms of colds, flus, bronchitis & sinusitis.
• Its ability to alleviate dandruff and encourage healthy hair growth makes this oil one of the best essential oils for hair; it has also been seen to slow down the greying process whilst moisturizing and hydrating the scalp.
• Because of its natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties, it’s one of the best essential oils for killing bacteria and viruses, as well as helping to heal cuts and small wounds.
• When it comes to skincare, Rosemary Oil is a strong astringent. Because of this, the benefits of Rosemary Essential Oil have been seen to help tighten sagging skin whilst easing puffiness & swelling.
• Exciting new research has also shown that Rosemary Essential Oil can encourage nerve growth and neurological tissue healing, therefore helping to boost your memory, cognitive function, mental alertness and focus.
• Whilst not as effective as a Camphor based Rosemary Oil, Cineol Rosemary Oil can also help to increase circulation, reduce inflammation, and provide warmth to the skin and underlying muscles, making it a very beneficial oil for massage.
If you’re looking for a Camphor type Rosemary Essential Oil (particularly beneficial for muscle pain, inflammation, cramps & digestion), try our conventional Rosemary Essential Oil (Spanish). Or if you’d prefer a conventional Cineol type Rosemary Essential Oil, try our Rosemary Essential Oil (Moroccan).
Rosemary Essential Oil (Spanish) Certified Organic
Organic Rosemary Oil Key Benefits:
• Fantastic respiratory aid
• Great for colds & flus, and can help reduce spasmodic coughing
• Can help to ease headaches & nervous tension
• Fights bacteria & viruses
• Known to alleviate dandruff & encourage hair growth
• Believed to slow down the hair greying process
• Renowned for the improvement of memory function
• Can improve clarity, alertness & brain fog
• Helps reduce inflammation
• Soothe sore joints & muscles
Organic Rosemary Oil Therapeutic Properties:
Respiratory Aid, Antibacterial, Anti-inflammatory, Analgesic, Anti-spasmodic, Carminative
Organic Rosemary Oil General Uses:
Aromatherapy, Massage Oils, Household Cleaning
Organic Rosemary Oil Emotional Benefits:
Clarifying, Remembrance, Balancing, Regulating, Reviving
Organic Rosemary Blends Well With:
Basil, Cedarwood, Cinnamon, Citronella, Frankincense, Lavandin, Lavender, Peppermint and Pine Scotch